Participation in ISYF is via invitation to selected schools across the globe.
The programme will target top science students from premier schools around the world. The student participants from each school should meet the following criteria:
- Be between 16 and 17 years of age as in Jan 2017;
- Have substantial experience in science research or competitions;
- Possess good oral proficiency in English;
- Be academically able and among the top 5% of their cohort; and
- Possess enthusiasm and strong interest in forging ties with fellow students from all over the world.
The science educator should be proficient in English as well as a key personnel or senior educator in the school. His/her role in the Forum will be more than that of a chaperone and he/she would be expected to draft an action plan during the Forum that can be implemented in the school upon his/her return.